Most hold dear to us a set of values and morals that we learned from our family, friends, religion, and community. In turn, we share those values and morals with those around us, often immolated and passed forward through generations. An ethical will is a document created which sets forth, in writing, the legacy they leave behind. The process of writing an ethical will is one of companionship and exploration and often the results have a healing effect on the family. It is a loving memorial that truly has eternal life.
The Ethical Will of S.L.J.
I hereby leave to you my most cherished and meaningful gift, a legacy of values. May you and those I leave behind profit from these values learned in my precious life.
- When problems in your life have solutions, fix them. When problems are outside of your circle of control, remove the worry from your mind and give it to God. Worrying is a useless trait.
- Every day is an opportunity to give; even the smallest thing as a smile can make the biggest impact.
- Life’s struggles are merely an opportunity to grow in character, build resistance, and gain knowledge.
- The greatest gift we can provide to the world is love. Express your love through kindness, generosity, and acceptance to all who you encounter.
- Always begin your day with a simple prayer. Thank God for the blessings He will provide for you today. It begins your day with positivity and expresses your faith through acknowledgement.
- Never forget to love yourself and always take action to express it.
- Surround yourself with positive people and rid your life of the negative; toxic people destroy positive energy.
- Always take time to explore the world around you; God has provided a multitude of gifts that surround us every day.
- Never judge others. Allow people to follow their own path; even when you disagree, it is their journey not yours.
- Happiness is a choice; I choose to be happy.